Who we are
- Our website address is: https://www.pmoroni.it/eng.
- Every page of the website is offered in the https protocol to secure authentication of the accessed website and protection of the privacy and integrity of the exchanged data while in transit.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- This website collects non identifying (anonymized) information including visitor’s browser and device types, language preferences, referring sites, dates and times. The purpose in collecting non identifying information is to understand how visitors use the website.
- This website also collects identifying information including internet protocol (IP) addresses, name and email for users leaving comments.
- Commenter’s IP addresses and browser user agent strings are collected to help spam detection.
- Commenter’s IP addresses and email addresses are solely disclosed to the administrator of this website.
- Visitors can always refuse to supply identifying information, with the limitation that this may prevent them from leaving comments on the website.
- Any Gravatar service is disabled.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Website administrator can also see and edit that information.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- This website does not collect identifying information including internet protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users, because the registration to the website is disabled for any user. The only registered user is the website administrator.
Media and Contact Forms
- This website does not collect and/or disclose media or contact form information, because there is no contact forms or option to upload media for any user other than the administrator in the website.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.).
- Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- The website allows user to subscribe to site updates (notification of new articles posted) via a third party service called Google Feedburner, which is separately collecting email addresses provided that the user gives a double opt-in consent.
- These websites are covered by their own privacy policies, as reported in table below in the cookies section.
- A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s device, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
- Cookies can be of three types:
- Technical Cookie: used specifically to allow proper operation and use of the website. Cookies are used for example for the technical functionality of the user’s login. They are provided mainly by the website server or in the case of the integration of external services by third parties.
- Analytics Cookie: used for statistical analysis and for monitoring the correct operation of the website. This type of cookie collects anonymous information about user activity on the website. This type of cookie is delivered exclusively by third parties.
- Profiling Cookie: used in order to send advertisement according to the preferences expressed by the user in the network. This type of cookie is delivered exclusively by third parties, which also determine its policy. For more information see youronlinechoices.com
- Cookies can be supplied by two parties:
- Primary party: include only technical cookies, but do not include analytics and profiling cookies, as reported in table below.
- Third party: potentially include technical, analytics and profiling cookies, as reported in table below.
|Google analytics||analytics (anonymized)||third party||policies.google.com/privacy|
|Shinystat||analytics (anonymized)||third party||shinystat.com/it/informativa_privacy_generale_free.html|
|Flickr||potentially: technical, analytics, profiling||third party||policies.yahoo.com/privacy/flickr/|
|Google services (Feedburner, Drive, Maps, etc)||potentially: technical, analytics, profiling||third party||policies.google.com/privacy|
What rights you have over your data
- The website visitors who do not wish to have cookies placed on their devices have different options to set up their browsers to:
- block all cookies before using this website, with the drawback that certain website features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- block third party cookies before using this website, with the drawback that certain third party features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- The instructions to adjust your preferences can be found at youronlinechoices.com
- After adjusting the cookie consent of your browser, it is recommended to clear the cookie data on your device, to make the changes effective before continuing to use this website.
- If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- If you have a request to receive an exported file of the personal data, that we erase your personal data (or if you have questions and suggestions to improve this policy and the website performance), please contact us like follows (once your request is received, you will get a second request to verify it):
SAMPLE EMAIL FOR DATA EXPORT REQUEST Send To: info(at)pmoroni.it Subject: DATA EXPORT REQUEST Please send me an exported file of the personal data corresponding to the following email address: [provide the relevant email address]. SAMPLE EMAIL FOR DATA ERASE REQUEST Send To: info(at)pmoroni.it Subject: DATA ERASE REQUEST Please erase the personal data corresponding to the following email address: [provide the relevant email address].
- Changes will be summarized in the Changelog below.
- This website encourages visitors to frequently check this page for any updates.
02/JUNE/2015 - Initial Release 03/JUNE/2015 - Released under Creative Commons (CC BY-SA 4.0) license to allow sharing and adapting 05/JUNE/2015 - Clarifications on cookie types and parties 19/MAY/2018 - Added elements (who we are, data erasure, data export) and clarifications for compliance to GDPR